[Solved] PDF995: Document in queue, Word is crashing
I just ran into a problem with the free PDF creator pdf995 which I frequently use to create PDF documents from Microsoft Word. An annoying (and not at all helpful) error message kept telling me that a differently named file was stuck in the printer queue, pdf995 refused to create the PDF document and Word was crashing every time.
After a bit of searching, the solution appeared to be to re-install pdf995 and reboot. Lazy as I am, I took a glance into the directory pdf995 is installed in (in my case C:\Program Files (x86)\pdf995), and in res\pdf995.ini, and found it to look like this:
[Parameters] Install=1 Quiet=0 Use GPL Ghostcript=1 User File=C:\Users\Jan\Documents\Previously_converted_file_which_was_mentioned_in_the_error_message.pdf Launch=C:\Users\Jan\Documents\Previously_converted_file_which_was_mentioned_in_the_error_message.pdf Document Name=Previously_converted_file_which_was_mentioned_in_the_error_message.docx Initial Dir=C:\Users\Jan\Documents\
I just deleted the values in the last four lines, leaving the complete file contents to be:
[Parameters] Install=1 Quiet=0 Use GPL Ghostcript=1 User File= Launch= Document Name= Initial Dir=
And: Issue solved. I could convert my document again, yay! Hope this helps if your documents get stuck in the pdf995 printer queue, too. Let me know in the comments if it did!
- RaspberryPi: apt-get error: dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting: files list file for package ‚dmsetup‘ is missing final newline 8. März 2013
- [Magento] dbModel read resource does not implement Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract 5. Dezember 2012
- Der Webgains Webservice – ein Beispiel in PHP 6. März 2010
- [Foto] Aasee Münster in Abenddämmerung 14. Januar 2012
- Welche Tastatur fürs Nexus 10? 5. Juli 2013